2018 PSADA Conference
Pennsylvania State Athletic Directors Association
51st Annual Conference
March 20-23, 2018
Hershey® Lodge & Convention Center – Hershey, PA
The Pennsylvania State Athletic Directors Association (PSADA) is a statewide organization administered by and for secondary school athletic administrators. The mission of the association is to instill the need for integrity, ethical behavior and citizenship by all involved with interscholastic athletics. The association strives for excellence by providing leadership training for all members through a professional development program. Finally, PSADA strengthens creativity within athletic administration through communication, networking, technology and research. PSADA is committed to supporting the expanding role of the athletic directors through:
- Professional Development Program: A comprehensive plan designed to encompass all levels of athletic administration; provide professional growth and mentorship opportunities for members.
- Publications: An integrated series of publications that include the PSADA newsletters, an Information Folder, the Strategic Plan, A Guide to Evaluating Coaches, the Professional Development Booklet, etc. and all are available in both print and electronic media forms for members.
- Awards and Scholarship Program: An established awards program to recognize award winning athletic directors and exceptional student-athletes at their schools.
- Additional services and benefits: A comprehensive Coaching Education Program; a number of State Liaisons with PDE, PSBA, PASA, PASSP, PIAA and PATS; a number of National Liaisons with NFHS, NIAAA, and ASEP; as well as Partnerships/Sponsorships, Professional and Educational Resources, and Delegate Assembly opportunities.
- Membership Categories:
- Regular – Open to anyone employed by a school district in Pennsylvania who has among their responsibilities the administration of interscholastic athletics.
- Retired – Open to any retired person who has been a regular member, and includes opportunities to serve on PSADA committees.
- Associate – Open to anyone interested in interscholastic athletics, athletic administration, or in the State Association.
- Student – Open to any student interested in interscholastic athletics, athletic administration, or in the State Association.
- Annual Conference: PSADA conducts its annual conference for its members and those involved in the area of athletic administration for interscholastic schools. This four-day event attracts over 400 members and provides numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. Listed below is a brief overview of this year’s PSADA Conference. A more detailed listing of scheduled events can be found in the December issue of the PSADA Newsletter. This year there will be a late fee for the conference registration of $50.00 if received after March 5th. If further questions exist, please refer to the PSADA website at www.psada.org, or contact the Executive Office Dave Eavenson at (717) 706-3938, or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018 – Professional development sessions in both the NIAAA LTC program and the ASEP Coaching Education program.
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018 – Professional development sessions continue; as well as the NIAAA’s certification review and assessment; a first time attendee session; Exhibit Hall and PSADA Foundation raffle.
- Thursday, March 22, 2018 – General opening sessions; visitations to the vendor exhibition hall; cracker barrel sessions; standing committee meetings; and PSADA’s annual awards luncheon.
- Friday, March 23, 2018 – General session and exhibit hall displays continue; mini-sessions and annual delegate assembly meeting; and PSADA’s annual business luncheon meeting.