- Academics and Athletics Conference at Penn State University
- Concussion Fact Sheet
- Constitution and By-Laws
- Guide for the College Bound Student Athlete
- NCAA Eligibility Reference Sheet
- New Athletic Director Handbook
- PIAA Athletic Transfer Waiver Request Form
- PIAA CIPPE Forms
- PSADA Guide To Evaluating Coaches
- The Role of the Parents in Athletics
Effective July 1, 2016, Article XIV of the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) by-laws requires all interscholastic coaches to complete approved coaching education courses. All coaches hired before July 1, 2016, must complete the requirement within two years of the effective date (by July 1, 2018). Coaches hired after July 1, 2016, must complete the coaching education courses within two years of their date of hire.
In conjunction with the Pennsylvania State Athletic Directors Association (PSADA) and the PIAA, Human Kinetics Coach Education stands at the ready to assist you in your compliance efforts. For more than 30 years, the Coaching Principles and Sport First Aid courses have been recognized by state high school associations and school districts as meeting coaching education and certification requirements. For more than 10 years, Human Kinetics Coach Education has worked with PSADA in offering the courses in Pennsylvania school districts. With these courses, you can rest assured that your interscholastic coaches are in compliance with the by-law and well prepared for the challenges of coaching.
The PSADA Coach Education Program will assist you in meeting the mandate by offering:
- high-quality, comprehensive curriculum;
- user-friendly course materials (textbooks, workbooks, instructor guides) and implementation processes;
- flexible in-person and online course delivery options;
- free instructor training;
- web-based compliance-tracking tools; and
- dedicated sales and customer support staff prepared to address your concerns immediately.
PSADA strongly encourages the training of coaches in the classroom using Human Kinetics Coach Education courses. The exchange of ideas and experiences between coaches and instructors is invaluable to new and seasoned coaches alike.
We encourage you to begin training coaches now! For classroom clinics, you can tap into the network of certified instructors to schedule clinics at your school. Or, you can do what hundreds of athletic directors have done and become a certified instructor and conduct your own clinics. Contact Human Kinetics Coach Education for a list of certified instructors, schedule of upcoming coaching clinics, information on becoming a certified instructor, or any other question you may have. Let’s get started today!
Human Kinetics Coach Education
800-747-5698, ext. 2325
Click on the links below for additional PSADA Coach Education Program information.